Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What the herd looks like as we enter a new year

Thank goodness for Justine Dutton, who helped me sell two more saddles.  Hard to believe, but I only have one saddle left to sell (it's a 17.5 medium dressage saddle).  On the horse front it has been a year of more additions then reductions, so what does the herd look like as we are about to turn the corner into the year of the horse (ummmm, this could be a problem)

Gizmo - Gizmo will be with me in perpetuity.  He continues to hang out with Debbie and Elena in Virginia.  He won't be actively competing this winter, but Lena is looking to get out and about with him in the spring after the birthday of little Sakaly number 2.

Keebler - Keebler is luckier than he realizes, hanging out in Florida and having a teenager of his own.  He is eventing with Cyndi Kurth's student Jordan.  They recently did their first training level event (the schooling three phase at Rocking Horse) and are looking forward to more adventures in the New Year.  I know you are all looking forward to more Keebler guest blogs, so I will try to make sure Cyndi stays on top of it.

Keegan - Keegan just made the trip down to Aiken, where he will be wintering with Sally Cousins.  I shall be lucky enough to visit on weekends starting toward the end of January and am looking forward to the southern competition season, although I'm sure I'll miss the warmer Florida weather.

Finn - is still for sale.  He'll be trying a change of venue, coming up from Florida to Aiken with Caitlin Silliman after the winter training sessions.  Meanwhile, he's still at Ashmore. Contact me or contact Hilda Donahue if you are looking for the perfect horse to win with in the h/j ring.

Solo - Solo is going amazing well.  He has his own little fan club, the number one member being Blaine Henderson who rides Solo when he comes up in between school stuff in Virginia.  Solo has really revealed his love of and talent in the jumper ring and will be offered for sale to someone who can really appreciate him in that venue.  Rachel Gross has done an amazing job with him, although Blaine is much better about taking pictures and video.

Astro - my 4 year old OTTB is staying home for another month before joining Caitlin in Aiken.  He is for sale to the right home, but I'm also happy to have him come down to Aiken and see how he does as an event pony.

and the new pony for the new year, Copper, a lovely WB/QH mare produced by my friend Andria Pooley. Quite the full circle, Andria having bought her first preliminary horse, Guiness from me 10 years ago.

And, my horsey life is made even richer by the ones that I don't own, but am privileged to be part of their programs.  It is fabulous to be part of Caitlin Silliman's team as Remi's sponsor and one of Hoku's syndicate members http://sillimaneventing.com/owners/

I also really enjoy being a part of the Ideal Contini Syndicate. Sally is fabulous about updates and really making her owners feel like part of the team http://sallycousins.com/sce-idealcontinisyndicate.html

I recently became part of Justine Dutton's Jollybo syndicate (another mare). Justine didn't know it, but Jollybo is a Danzig line horse (on her dam's side - her sire is Jumbo).  This made it even more exciting for me to be part of her team http://teamspuk.com/

And finally, I enjoy being part of Kate Chadderton's Cole Club.  Cole is a fabulous upper level OTTB.  I looked at him when he was a green horse off the track and have always felt he was one that "got away" but I'm thrilled that he ended up in Kate's program and that I get to be a member of his fan club https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vB1vd6rxfc

May everyone enjoy their ponies and their riding in the new year and consider buying one of mine!






2 comments:

Suzanne said...

And is there one just for you?

Unknown said...

That is Keegan - while he has headed south for the winter, that is for me too as I am a total cold weenie. We will do 4 or 5 events in Aiken in February and March and are considering a summer move-up. I really love this boy.