Thursday, January 27, 2011

proper birthday storm

Part of my family's lore is snowstorms for my birthday. It started when I was born in a snowstorm (in Madison, WI) major enough, in a city that knows how to deal with storms, that my mom was unable to leave the hospital for an extra couple of days.

Over the years, I had birthday parties canceled (bummer) and birthday parties turn into sleepovers (excellent) as a result of snow. My freshman year in college, I was sad and homesick because I knew there was no chance of snow for my birthday, but all improved when nature obliged with a rip-roaring thunder and lightning pouring rain storm.

Thunder snow last night and more than a foot of snow tops the cake on my birthday this year. And the timing means no party cancellation tonight. Perfect.

No comments: